Thursday, May 31, 2012

Plagiarism at its Worst.


I recently became a member of the Info Barrel.The site impressed me for its quality content and the free and franc discussion being allowed in the forum and the concern and regard shown by the writing community. I am in the pre-approval stage.So far I have submitted five articles in the site and all of them are live in the site.I joined the site two weeks ago. Within this short span of time,to my utter shock, the site has encountered a serious problem.An unknown plagiarist has stolen the popular articles in the site and runs his own premier article site categorizing them into plr and non-categorised articles.He even maintains an archive for old articles.When I mentioned my username, I too could see my latest article in the site. A few members have reported the matter to the Info Barrel admin.But I was also shocked to learn that the authorities who are hosting the domain for the plagiarist cannot do anything about it.The plagiarist is virtually running a parallel site, called leech.hourb creating a devastating effect on the site. Info Barrel has established and reputed writers such as JCMeyer whose monthly earnings is nearing about $ 3000 and there are many others earning more than $ 1000 per month.But they have contributed hundreds of articles in the site and getting residual income.This plagiarism may affect them very little or may not have any impact at all. But When I think about me and many others in the preapproval stage, the so called plagiarism may have a suffocating effect on us, because I am yet to realize even a single penny from my articles.Hence,I am in a dilemma whether I should continue writing in the site or should follow a wait and watch policy.The latter seems to be a viable option at present. It seems that recently Info barrel Admin has taken timely action.That spurious site leech.hourb has been deactivated.Yesterday, I personally tried to enter the site but the server support was not available.Now every writer on the site Info Barrel may have a feeling of security.What they write racking out their brain may not be stolen by any copy cats.Under the modified context and circumstances, I may take further steps to write in the site and cross the preapproval stage.

No comments: